What is medical weight loss?
Let’s first talk about what it is not…
Medical weight loss is not surgery or diet pills. It is weight management based on medical scientific evidence that targets the root causes of obesity and weight gain. Trained doctors or medical providers provide the treatment and guidance necessary to help you achieve weight loss and maintain it for life.
What makes us different?
The tools that medical weight loss providers use to help you manage your weight are very different from what you might find with commercial programs. Medical weight loss providers use your metabolism and body composition (mainly fat percentage) as true indicators of weight loss progress, something other plans can’t do. See the chart below for other differences…
The Center for Medical Weight Loss is:
● One-on-one physician directed weight management
● Ability to tailor a program to your unique body metabolism
● Use of a low calorie-diets to break the cycle of food addiction
● Ability to achieve and sustain long-term weight management
● Based on scientific principles & a healthy understanding your medical history